What Is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is tangible mental training that gives us the strong mental edge needed to achieve peak performance. It is paying kind and conscious attention to the thoughts and feelings of your mind and body coming and going without judgment.
OKAY, SO WHAT IS MEDITATION?
It is important to note that there are many different forms of meditation. Ready Set Mindful uses meditation and mental training to focus your attention and thoughts to achieve a calm and enhanced state of mind and body in order to optimize performance and overall well-being.
— READY SET MINDFUL
MINDFULNESS AND MEDITATION MYTHS
MEDITATION HAS NEVER WORKED FOR ME.
Not all meditation is created equal. Ready Set Mindful has a unique approach to meditation that is worth practicing. Our mental techniques are digestible even for those who have been previously turned off to other forms of mental training.
— READY SET MINDFUL
- You have to clear your mind. False! Thoughts are not the enemy. Learning how to harness them so that they can work FOR you is the key. Ready Set Mindful teaches you how to do this.
- Meditation makes you anxious. This is also normal. Ready Set mindful prepares you with techniques that allow you to feel calm and relaxed prior to jumping in to meditation.
- You’re worried it’s “weird”. Is sitting and thinking weird? Many NFL teams, Olympic athletes and the US Navy SEALS are doing it, and it’s not too weird for them!
- You have to lie down or be in an uncomfortable position. The goal here is to BE comfortable, whatever that may look like for you.
- You can’t sit still. This is perfectly normal. Mindfulness and meditation is a practice. Fidgeting is part of the process!
- It’s too hard to commit to a daily practice. If you look at mental training and meditation as an investment in your day, just as brushing your teeth is an investment in your oral health, you will realize that mindfulness and meditation are ESSENTIAL and worth the investment of your time. Trust me, it’s much more challenging to be constantly stressed, anxious and overwhelmed.
- You don’t have time. Think of all the time you waste every day scrolling on Instagram or watching Netflix… If you want to spend the time optimizing your performance, you will find the time. With our online services, accessing mindfulness benefits has never been easier.
Contact Ready Set Mindful by calling (509) 775-6696!
THE MINDFUL ATHLETE ADVANTAGE
- Helps athletes stay focused and avoid distraction
- Improves emotional regulation
- Elevates connection between the brain and body
- Boosts ability to manage physical discomfort
- Reduces mind wandering, improving ability to stay in the “zone”
- Expands resiliency
- Alleviates performance anxiety
- Enhances recovery strategies
- Raises endurance
- Reinforces concentration and ability to remain in a flow state
- Strengthens confidence
- Decreases negative thinking patterns